Explain your user name

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Cyclops wrote:now proceed to Show You[r] Faces and show us what you look like, just in case there's another Rik Littlefield! ;)
Oh, I did that ages ago. See HERE. Mar 09, 2008. :D

I did run across another picture a few days ago of some wildly younger Rik Littlefield. It's this photo, shown in context in this rogues' gallery. Oddly enough, I do remember working with most of those people back in 1977. I also remember wearing sideburns then, and the glasses look familiar, and... Perhaps that's actually me?? :shock:

--Rik

AndrewC

Post by AndrewC »

rjlittlefield wrote: I am now internationally recognizable in the strong sense that if you ask any search engine about Rik Littlefield, even with no quotes, most of top hits you get will be about me.*

--Rik
apparently I'm an American journalist who doesn't like the government, might explain why I get hassled at American immigration sometimes just after he's written a thought provoking article !

AndrewC is well, Andrew and first letter of my family name - some bulletin boards have issues with my family name and block it !
rgds, Andrew

"Is that an accurate dictionary ? Charlie Eppes

Cyclops

explain your username

Post by Cyclops »

AndrewC wrote:apparently I'm an American journalist who doesn't like the government, might explain why I get hassled at American immigration sometimes just after he's written a thought provoking article !

AndrewC is well, Andrew and first letter of my family name - some bulletin boards have issues with my family name and block it !
Now you have me curious!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

AndrewC

Re: explain your username

Post by AndrewC »

Cyclops wrote:
AndrewC wrote:apparently I'm an American journalist who doesn't like the government, might explain why I get hassled at American immigration sometimes just after he's written a thought provoking article !

Now you have me curious!
Google Andrew Cockburn - I'm not an Irishman living in America !
rgds, Andrew

"Is that an accurate dictionary ? Charlie Eppes

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

"Explain your user name." Uh...it was on my "birth certificate?" :lol: I try to be pretty much an up-front kind of guy. :D

missgecko

Post by missgecko »

Some very interesting usernames here and quite often I never pick the right reason as to why someone has that name (except for Cyclops :D ). Mine is a pretty long story so I'll drastically shorten it. Ended up heading to hospital about 12 years ago with a lump on my thyroid. Was told the news wasn't good so I had myself dead and buried. A good friend gave me a little silver gecko as a good luck charm before the op. I was told to aim for something good after the op, so I vowed to have a tattoo of a gecko if I came through triumphant. I did come through and four weeks later had the gecko tattoo done just left of my heart. (My hubby reckons by the time I'm 80, it should be down around my waist somewhere :roll: )

Cheers
Sam
Sam

'To see a world in a grain of sand And heaven in a wild flower. Hold infinity in the palm of your hand And eternity in an hour.' William Blake

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic