Show your faces!

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Heres a new one of me, well, showing off my new unpatented homemade flash diffuser! (Its a padded envelope slipped onto the pop up flash!)

Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

gardenersassistant

Post by gardenersassistant »

There I was, on the pavement at the front of the garden, having excavated three quarters of the way under the tangled roots of a bush that had been topped, and I was stuck. Mrs G surveys the scene. "Why not," she says, "use water to clean away the soil so you can get at the bottom roots to cut through them". Seemed like a good idea.

Turns out that squirting water at high pressure into earth has interesting side effects, on people and equipment. Also quite interesting for passers-by and neighbours so it seems.

It took two days to get the telescopic-handled loppers working again after the mud had worked its way inside the handles and dried there.
Nick

Flickr
Blog
Journey since 2007

Rework and reposts of my images posted in this forum are always welcome, especially if they come with an explanation of what you did and how you did it.

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

gardenersassistant wrote:There I was, on the pavement at the front of the garden, having excavated three quarters of the way under the tangled roots of a bush that had been topped, and I was stuck. Mrs G surveys the scene. "Why not," she says, "use water to clean away the soil so you can get at the bottom roots to cut through them". Seemed like a good idea.

Turns out that squirting water at high pressure into earth has interesting side effects, on people and equipment. Also quite interesting for passers-by and neighbours so it seems.

It took two days to get the telescopic-handled loppers working again after the mud had worked its way inside the handles and dried there.
They do say a good gardener isnt afraid of getting his hands dirty!
Of course thats not true-I love getting my hands dirty but my garden is a real mess! ;)
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

sonyalpha

Post by sonyalpha »

Also in a garden........

Last year Disney recognised me as the English Geppetto (I am a toy maker), I feature on the Platinum anniversary edition of Pinocchio:

Pretty well fully retired now............hence my new hobby of photography and macro photography:

Have to do something to keep the old brain cells functioning: :wink:

sonyalpha
Retired but not old in spirit:

Fairly new to photography........keen to learn:

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Cyril that is fantastic! I loved Pinocchio as a kid,been ages since I saw it! (There was a modern made for TV version on recently,not a patch on the Disney)

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Cyclops wrote:Cyril that is fantastic! I loved Pinocchio as a kid,been ages since I saw it! (There was a modern made for TV version on recently,not a patch on the Disney)
:^o ? :lol: (Just kidding).

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Showing my true form....

sonyalpha

Post by sonyalpha »

Wow!

A Cyclopsis arachna variafocal macronit...............I haven't seen one of these for ages: :D

Good to see you Cyclops:

sonyalpha
Retired but not old in spirit:

Fairly new to photography........keen to learn:

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Grabbed with my phone and played about a little with the phone's software (PicSay)

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Me testing out a new flash bracket

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

and the bracket itself (ball and socket head is an old one I have)

yeatzee

Post by yeatzee »

How have I missed this? :)

Strength by yeatzee (now 17, but still learning), on Flickr

Foggy night + camera = epic photograph :wink:

Here's a more revealing and rather funny picture my friend Norman took while I was talking..... My Hansel impression from zoolander?

NikonUser

Post by NikonUser »

For those of you who have not yet been "chosen" you may not be aware of the great awards for being "chosen".
"Chosen" refers to the Administrators Appreciation Awards - 2 per month.
I just received my 2nd award - a Coffee Mug; for an earlier award I chose a Ball Cap.
Just need the Polo Shirt and the T-shirt, perhaps the Tote Bag and I will have a full outfit :D
NU.
student of entomology
Quote – Holmes on ‘Entomology’
” I suppose you are an entomologist ? “
” Not quite so ambitious as that, sir. I should like to put my eyes on the individual entitled to that name.
No man can be truly called an entomologist,
sir; the subject is too vast for any single human intelligence to grasp.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr
The Poet at the Breakfast Table.

Nikon camera, lenses and objectives
Olympus microscope and objectives

Lothar-Gutjahr

Post by Lothar-Gutjahr »

Hi,

after sticking in the archive of yours more than a year it´s time to get off that sleepingstatus and get a little more activ.

Lived on diferent places in this world, the foto is typically greek (9 years). But also i digged for wood and climbed for water spending 5 years in the Lonestar State.
I hope i´l find anough time to spend among this nice crew here. My interests are Micro-and Macro fotos, stacking as well and building equipment there for.
Please exquse my lousy english, which i must recover from old drawers; before having had a stroke 8 years ago.
the last fiew month i did spend a lot of time in the german Mikroskopie-Forum where i got kicked out this morning by the new admin not liking me at all.

I am getting 73 in Juli and having been in leading positions my life long and for that i am not so flexible anymore to lissen to everyones advice, grin. Also working as admin and mod for more than 10 years in water and electronics, is a reason i look a little more behind things reading posts.
But i´l try to do my verry best in cooperating with everyone.

Greetings from Bavaria Germany !

Lothar

shaneoid

Post by shaneoid »

Hello from Newcastle UK, this is me outside the TARDIS and it says all you need to know about me, I'm your standard nerd. I've only recently got in to Macro Photography so I'd be keen to learn some tips and where's good to find some exotic bugs.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic