Refreshments anyone?

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Planapo

Refreshments anyone?

Post by Planapo »

I thought at this time of the year some of you (those on the northern hemisphere), and especially those living inland in dry areas :wink: , could do with some refreshments:

So here you go, enjoy the emerald waters and white sands of the Caribbean... a place where we prefer to go dippin' regularly...

...err :^o :wink: :D ... no actually it's the Baltic Coast (shot east of Eckernförde, for those who like to explore with google maps or Bing maps.) The photos were taken while we were on a trip around the area by bike (without motor!) heading for a nice beach to cool off. Water temperature was about 19 °C, so quite refreshing!

And that's what it looks like in large areas of the "outback" of the Jutland peninsula, in the Danish as well as in the German part of the hinterland (I always enjoy using this English word :)) .

And to add some "folklore", here's to the skillful people who can construct those picturesque thatched roofs from reed. Once these were the common roofs as the reed was cheap and locally available. Nowadays it's one of the most expensive roofs you can have, because of the amount of labour it takes to construct it and the costly fire insurance. But in some protected areas and on listed buildings it has to be this kind of roof.

Technical: Shot with p&s Ricoh Caplio GX

--Betty

P.S.:
Hope you enjoyed, and I'd like to ask and encourage our members to show us what it looks like at their places, if they'd like to. Oftentimes what oneself deems as trivial because one sees it almost everyday, can be quite interesting for others living at a faraway place. I always enjoy being shown around by the locals, especially from people one can communicate with here aboard.

edit: fixed typo
Last edited by Planapo on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Very nice.

I'm on the Baltic coast at the moment too!! :-) I should really go take some scenic photos - instead of macro! :D

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Great shots there Betty! Don't you just love thatched roof tops. I would imagine that they are or could be very energy efficent, depending on where one lived of course. :D

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Looks fabulous. Want to be there!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic