Pebble, using scale bar

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Stanley

Pebble, using scale bar

Post by Stanley »

Here is a close-up of a pebble that I shot some time ago.

I used a scale bar, relying upon the excellent suggestions that Rik kindly provided me.

Incidentally, could anyone please inform me what a more complete description of this pebble would be.

As always, thanks to all.

Stanley

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Scale bar looks good. For my personal tastes, the vivid red clashes a bit with the subject. What often works well is to pick a color that already appears in the image. In this case one of the darker reds from the pebble might be good.

About the pebble, I can't help much. I'm quite naive about mineralogy. But we have other members who are knowledgeable. I suspect they will want to know a little more about the pebble, especially where it came from and whether the red coating might be artificial or organic rather than a natural mineral.

--Rik

Stanley

Post by Stanley »

Hi Rik,
Scale bar looks good. For my personal tastes, the vivid red clashes a bit with the subject. What often works well is to pick a color that already appears in the image. In this case one of the darker reds from the pebble might be good.
Good advice about the color. I really thought about that issue, but what you said makes a lot of sense from an artistic point of view.
About the pebble, I can't help much. I'm quite naive about mineralogy. But we have other members who are knowledgeable. I suspect they will want to know a little more about the pebble, especially where it came from and whether the red coating might be artificial or organic rather than a natural mineral.
All that I know is that I found the pebble somewhere around the Portland, Maine, area (I no longer remember where exactly). I just don't know anything about the red coating. I doubt that I have the pebble around anymore.

Anyway, I was just a bit curious. It's not that important for me to know. I mainly wanted to be able to provide a better description.

I am far more interested in scale bars.

Stanley

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic