LED light source by IKEA

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

lothman

LED light source by IKEA

Post by lothman »

the shwedish furniture ware house IKEA has a nice and bright LED light source, called JANSJÖ. There are several versions available.

Ikea UK

the other versions:
Jansjö Ikea Germany

I'm very pleased with this version for only 25.-€

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

That looks good.

Not wishing to Hijack your thread, I have a couple of these Bahco battery led lights. The head is only about 7mm diameter, and they're pretty good at staying where you put them, on their 20 inch (500mm) flexibles.
http://www.dfwishart.co.uk/gb/product/_ ... EX%20LA010
About £10 each.
The batteries last all day. I know because I left one on for 8 hours :roll: , it had dimmed a bit.
B&Q also do a 3led 3AAA clip-flexible lamp, which is useful for focussing.

lothman

Post by lothman »

Thanks Chris another interesting alternative. These Ikea lamps look like to have such a cree or luxeon LED and therefor are much brighter (and bulkier) than you battery lights, at least as a simililar version I have.

I did this stack with a piece of frosted transparency in front of these ikea lights. I'm rather happy with the result (Zerene, 50 pix, canon 35/2,8) Ant was placed on a match head.

AndrewC

Post by AndrewC »

So what kind of aperture/exposure time were you using ? These types of lights are great choices for illumination, and much easier than making your own :)

Andrew

lothman

Post by lothman »

1/4 second, Iso 100, aperture 4

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic