www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Another unknown flower or Why I like Zerene Stacker
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Another unknown flower or Why I like Zerene Stacker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elf

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Another unknown flower or Why I like Zerene Stacker Reply with quote

This is a single frame focus stacked with Zerene Stacker. I was expecting to see a lot of ghosts, but other than darkening the background, this is a pMax stack straight from Zerene Stacker.

The flower is from a shrub that's been growing in our yard for nearly 20 years but we don't know the name of it. This is a single floret ( about 9mm wide) from a spikey blossom that was about 4 inches long and an inch in diameter.

Larger version here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/etfrench/P5089633as.jpg
Harold Gough

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inferior ovary, so Rosaceae?

Harold
elf

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harold Gough wrote:
Inferior ovary, so Rosaceae?

Harold

Yes, that narrowed it down enough to find it. It's a cherry laurel (Prunus laurocerasus)
Franz Neidl

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A beautiful photograph! I would like to know how many pictures have you used for this stack.

Franz
elf

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franz Neidl wrote:
A beautiful photograph! I would like to know how many pictures have you used for this stack.

Franz

Thanks. This has only 16 images and was intended to be part of a larger pano. The pano didn't really look very good except for this frame. It was shot at f/8 and 1/5th second using El-Nikkor 50mm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: