Living Aphid

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Tonikon

Living Aphid

Post by Tonikon »

Ciao
yesterday, a windy & rainy day, I have tried to take some pics to a small aphid installed in a flower stalk of Zinnia.
This is the result...

This stack (26 images with a Canon Macrophoto 35mm f/2.8 and CombineZP ) was very complicate because the Aphid was (and remained) living...

Ciao

Toni

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

If their proboscis is inserted there is not much need for movement. In fact it would probably attract predators and parasites when they were most vulnerable, not that they can do much about an attack at any time!

They are suckers for a close-up! :D

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Tonikon

Post by Tonikon »

Harold Gough wrote:If their proboscis is inserted there is not much need for movement. In fact it would probably attract predators and parasites when they were most vulnerable, not that they can do much about an attack at any time!

They are suckers for a close-up! :D

Harold
Yes Harold, but when they move its legs or its antennas just before the last stacking shot (and after 25 shots... :twisted: ), you don't think anymore that they are suckers for a close-up :D

Ciao

Toni

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Nice job, Toni. It's surprising how much these things move when you're relying on them not to!

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic