A small bee

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

lauriek

A small bee

Post by lauriek »

Not sure what sort of bee, maybe a tiny bumble bee or some sort of solitary, cuckoo bee?

Yep more condensation. For some reason it _would_not_ clear from this specimen. I got it out of the freezer, left it for 20 mins or so before I took a look. Loads of condensation on the eyes. I left it another 1/2 hour. Still there. I had some stuff to do so I ran a quick stack anyway. Went off and did some other stuff, came back, still there! I did another stack anyway and left it, came back later (quite a bit later) - it still hadn't cleared! At this point I only had a little while available to shoot so I ran a quick couple of stacks. So I don't have one of this specimen without dang condensation!

Usual setup, OM38/2.8 at either f2.8 or f4.0, stacks of 50, 61 and 47 respectively combined in Zerene.

Jbailey

Post by Jbailey »

Wow!

It loooks like a cross between an Old English Sheep Dog and a space alien.

Good shots, Laurie.

Jim

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Great stuff. Who cares about condensation??!!!!... it adds character to the pics. :)

svalley

Post by svalley »

Laurie, very nice shots and good clean stacking.
"You can't build a time machine without weird optics"
Steve Valley - Albany, Oregon

Dalantech

Post by Dalantech »

Of the three I think the that last frame is the money shot -brilliant!

Since the critter is dead why not look for interesting abstracts in the wings? That first shot leaves me wanting to see more of those vein patterns.

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Thanks all of you! :)

John funny you should say that, I've been thinking of doing some wing venation shots for a little while now! (I try to keep all my specimens for as long as possible so I can re-shoot and look for other interesting features..)

Tom Stack

Post by Tom Stack »

Great work Laurie!

Like both #2 and #3. You really managed to keep detail in the dark compound eye in #2.

Well done!

Tom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic