Baltic See Coast Part 2

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ecki

Baltic See Coast Part 2

Post by Ecki »

Hello,

finally we get to the coast.

here we go

the coast - water was 5° C and air 10° C - no swimming

the coast

I love the forests more - those are 500 meters inland from the coast

apple tree with a pond

yes, samples collected

snakes love it here - this was taken at 70 mm - I got pretty close to it

a crop of the above water snake - natrix natrix. While collecting samples I disturbed them often. Some disappeared into the water and some into the forsest. This one was pursued by me for 10 mins before I could not follow any more.

what secrets might we discover here?

myself with my trusted Zeiss KF2 - checking samples in the hotel room

Tomorrow its back home - and I have 20 samples from moores, swamps and ponds.

Best regards
Ecki

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Two lovely sets of photos there Ecki!

Wish I was there!! :D

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

Nice landscapes there, Ecki, make me wanna grab my hiking boots, or my bike! You were lucky with the good weather up here, no rain like in the south.
It would be interesting to know what area is shown. Looks like MeckPom, on Zingst/Darß or Rügen perhaps?

And boy :o , this last picture of your hotel room clearly tells us that you are not preferring to travel with light gear. :) :wink:

Greetings,
Betty

P.S. But I think with the number (not more than 4 per day in here) and size (should be < 200 KB) of some of your pictures you've violated the posting guidelines quite a bit.

Ecki

Post by Ecki »

Hello Betty,

Sorry that I forgot to mention it - yes, it is Zingst and the Dars we were visiting.

Best regards
Ecki

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Planapo wrote:P.S. But I think with the number (not more than 4 per day in here) and size (should be < 200 KB) of some of your pictures you've violated the posting guidelines quite a bit.
The files are definitely oversize.

The 4 per day sent me head-scratching. Four is what I remember, but I went looking to verify just because I'm such a worry-wart, and I couldn't find it!

Apparently that limit got erased many months ago when we reworked the forum descriptions.

I just now added it back in, so now it's official again: 4 images per day in the Favorite Locations forum.

It's odd I didn't see this earlier. Must have been one of those cases where I exited my browser at the wrong time and lost some of the "new posts" flags.

But there is an upside: it's now so many days later that the issue is moot!

Thanks for speaking up about the limits, Betty.

And Ecki, thanks for the many photos of an attractive and interesting place. I hope all your equipment made it home OK!

--Rik

Ecki

Post by Ecki »

Rik,

sorry for violating those rules. I noticed my mistake just after I posted everything. I did send Danny a message, pleading guilty and asking for advise, but it seems he hasn't read it yet.

My microscopes had a safe trip home. I have the original carrying case from Zeiss for the KF2. This protects the microscope very well and it takes only 2 minutes to set up the KF2 for operation.

regards
Ecki

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Very interesting photos of a worthy trip to a place that many of us will never have a chance to see! And of course, any photos of snakes are good photos!

I hope Danny is doing all right. Anyone have any word from him recently?
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Yes, Danny's fine. He just has some other things to deal with.

Look on the bright side -- we've been doing so well without him that he trusts us to keep going by ourselves! :D

Ecki, this is one of those "no harm, no foul" situations. Your two threads are longer than the forum would be willing to see on a regular basis, but in the broad scheme of things they're not causing any problem that's worth taking time and trouble to fix. I'm glad you had a good trip. Post out some pictures of what you brought back. :D

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic