www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Out and About
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Out and About

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclops

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Out and About Reply with quote

Well, I went out this afternoon with the intention of capturing a sunset. Its not often i get to go out and today we had no sunset! I did get some shots of the scenery near wherre I live though.

Soon there will be spring flowers and insects around here-practice for my macro lens!

10D + Vivitar series 1 19-35 zoom
Oh I bought a polarizer from ebay, and then left it at home! Embarassed
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is nice to see where you live there Larry, out in the country are we? Old grown-up fence rows, like that in the first photo are good places to hang out and look for things. Very Happy
Cyclops

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it does look like I'm out in the boonies in these shots and well it is only 10 minutes from my house. And i'm only a bus ride away from a busy town.
Cyclops

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: fungi haunt! Reply with quote

Heres another spot. A possible haunt for fungi!

And that water looks cold!

augusthouse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry,

I'm surprised by just how green the grass is under all that snow. (is this snow or a heavy frost?) Shocked

30°C at 10:45pm here in Australia as I write this.

Is there a story behind the design/arrangement of the bench/table in the first shot of your most recent post?

Craig
Cyclops

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

augusthouse wrote:
Larry,

I'm surprised by just how green the grass is under all that snow. (is this snow or a heavy frost?) Shocked

30°C at 10:45pm here in Australia as I write this.

Is there a story behind the design/arrangement of the bench/table in the first shot of your most recent post?

Craig

Definitely snow-we had about 3 inches. I guess the grass is pretty tough,plus its still very bright under all the snow. Haven't a clue about the bench tho.
Joe P.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>>
Haven't a clue about the bench tho.

Used to have one of these here in Central NJ. It's part of an exercise trail. One is supposed to do certain things such as situps at the various station, then run on to the next... You can see another in the distance.

Joe P.
Hopewell, NJ
augusthouse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forum!

Thankyou for the information provided regarding the bench/table/exercise station in Larry's photograph.

There is something about the design and functionality of the piece that appeals to me; maybe because it is unusual and not predictable as such, but still practical; (you could also use it to sit and read a paper/book and have a coffee) anyway for some reason it caught my eye.

Larry, do you have any other images with the item in shot?

Craig
Cyclops

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yea there are various items of old exercise gear all over the field. Used to be somewhere for people to work out,get fit,but its been out of use a long time.
Harold Gough

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Out and About Reply with quote

Cyclops wrote:
Oh I bought a polarizer from ebay, and then left it at home!

It wouldn't have helped on that shot as you were facing the sun. Smile

Your very first shot, of the track and hedgerow reminds me of many farm field experiments in my days testing pesticides. The ones checking effects on birds or rats were in the depths of winter. A hot lunch and some antifreeze (aka beer) were life-savers.

Harold
NikonUser

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Out and About Reply with quote

Harold Gough wrote"The ones checking effects on birds or rats were in the depths of winter. A hot lunch and some antifreeze (aka beer) were life-savers."

Harold, was this in the south? Depths of Winter in England, must have been in the 32F range- yikes!!
” I suppose you are an entomologist ? “
” Not quite so ambitious as that, sir. I should like to put my eyes on the individual entitled to that name.
No man can be truly called an entomologist,
sir; the subject is too vast for any single human intelligence to grasp.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr
The Poet at the Breakfast Table.

Nikon camera, lenses and objectives
Olympus microscope and objectives
Harold Gough

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, South-Central. One of the furthest places from the sea (OK only 50 miles or so to the south) so we tend to get the extremes in summer or winter (coldest weather from the east or north). We have been relatively fortunate in the current cold spell. As usual, the deepest snow fell elsewhere. (There is a thaw on now, and it took about half an hour, at the weekend, to find a patch of ice for my learner-driver sister-in-law to experience wheel spin under acceleration).

Harold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Favorite Locations All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: