Winter heather

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Charles Krebs

Winter heather

Post by Charles Krebs »

Always nice to see some of the the heather blooming this time of year.

Gérard-64

Post by Gérard-64 »

Splendid again Charles!

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Oh yes! Charlie, you have gladdened my heart. After wrestling with so many Internet problems, it is truly a delight to be reminded that beautiful little flowers are opening up and soon it will be Spring. Thank you...thank you...

--Rik

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

The first is my favourite.

As a colour-dedicated photographer, there is something about a perfectly-rendered image of white flowers which always gets to me.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Beautiful. I like the first one best too! :D

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Just a ramdon, academic(?), thought: perhaps the single flower in the third one might be shown off better by inserting a false "blue sky" around it. (I must stop having these thoughts about digital manipulation. They are a sign of weakness in a film user).

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Quite beautiful there Charlie. :D A few early flowering plants are beginning to show around here too, namely Daffodils. Don't ever mow a bunch of them with a lawnmower though, gums it up, riding mower or otherwise. :(

rovebeetle

Post by rovebeetle »

Harold Gough wrote:The first is my favourite.

As a colour-dedicated photographer, there is something about a perfectly-rendered image of white flowers which always gets to me.

Harold
Almost exactly (I am also an avid lover of BW) my thoughts. I really appreciate well controlled whites that still give the impression of being "white" :) .

Cheers
Harry

dmillard

Post by dmillard »

Charles -

Thank you for the wonderful whites! These images (esp. the first one) brightened my morning.

David

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Fabulous Erica pics!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

Great detail in these pictures, Charlie! In no. 2 even some delicate (spider silk?) threads between the flower's pistils are well discernable!:smt103
The xeromorph leaves look very much like those of the potted rosmary I have on my balcony.

But, you know what, Charlie?! :wink: :wink: For someone who is well aware that there are people like me around who really like the technical "nitty-gritty", you're a little sparse on the details this time, ... I must say! :smt047 :wink: :wink: :D

--Betty

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic