Washing up liquid

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Aynia

Washing up liquid

Post by Aynia »

These drove me round the bend. First I tried children's bubbles that I bought and couldn't see any colours no matter what I did. I resorted to washing up liquid. I tried a silver ring thing I have balanced on two mugs on a south facing window sill. Best results though were with a glass with black cardboard underneath... on the window sill. Pics are cropped because of the fall off in dof.... which was blurry and also without colour in some cases.

Between the bubbles.

Taken with 35mm macro on Olympus e520 - magnification 1:1 or 1:1.5

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Very nice Aynia. They remind me of my adventures with fracrals!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Gérard-64

Post by Gérard-64 »

Aynia,the second one is fantastic!

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Reminds me of some of my old Grateful Dead album covers! Really far out photographs there Aynia 8)

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Aynia,

Nice images! I'm sure it's a challenge to get the whole plane in focus at once. Stacking won't work because of the movement, as you suggested. If you have the right kind of bellows, you could use tilts and the Scheimpflug principle to do it. The setup that DaveW linked at http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/art ... bbles.html seems to do it just by stopping down enough. I presume that setup has a powerful flash so they can stop down all the way and still get enough light. :?

Switching subjects... Gerd posted a reply here with one of his images in it. We admins split it off to a separate topic so as to conform better with the posting guidelines. But just so you don't miss it, it's now HERE.

--Rik

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Thanks guys. It's great fun to do despite the problems.

Rik, my set up is really minimal at the moment. If I ever get any spare cash etc I'll definitely consider adding stuff. I missed a free adaptor for olympus E series on another forum (because I wasn't a member at the time), so will be on the lookout for freebies or cheapies.!

Will definitely have more goes at this with different setups!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic