Celeriac

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Aynia

Celeriac

Post by Aynia »

I bet you weren't expecting to see this??!!! :D

I cut through my celeriac today and there was a hole in it and these fibres. I cut off a slice and took a pic which I deleted as it was quite boring.

Then I got some pink cardboard and put it on top of a torch and played a bit with the white balance. I had to get another torch to light it.. and it's still a bit dark, but I quite like the result.

Should I call it fire and ice??!!

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Aynia,

Had to look up celeriac.... that's a new one for me. At first it looked like some psychedelic leaf melting into the snow. Nice!

In another thread you said:
Before I accidentally started taking abstract nature photos, I wasn't really interested in abstract art of any kind.

Seems somewhere along the line I have done a complete U turn.
I'd say so! :wink:

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Looks like a bloodstain in the snow!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Charles Krebs wrote:
Had to look up celeriac.... that's a new one for me. At first it looked like some psychedelic leaf melting into the snow. Nice!
I'm a bit of a foodie and also veggie. I don't eat celeriac much but sometimes I try new things for a bit of variety. They are quite widely available where I live.

Thanks for your comments guys. :D

Hairyduck

Post by Hairyduck »

Celariac is a fantastic vegi! Roasted in the oven like roast potatoes/parsnips it's amazing.

I thought it was a picture of a powder filled christmas bauble being dropped and broken :D

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Very effective. Celeriac is much favoured by chefs.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Hairyduck wrote:Celariac is a fantastic vegi! Roasted in the oven like roast potatoes/parsnips it's amazing.
I love some roasted veggies. I hadn't thought of doing it with celeriac - no idea why. So thanks for your suggestion, Hairyduck. I tried it yesterday and had to smother them with so much extra hot chili sauce to disguise the taste. Definitely not for me. I'll be sticking with it in soup or included in garlic gratin potatoes!! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic