Oh nuts!

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cyclops

Oh nuts!

Post by Cyclops »

I always love these at Christmas. just wish they were reasier to get into!
Can you work out what nut it is?

And another type of nut

All at lifesize with the 100mm and lit by the phone
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Love your photos.

Haven't a bogs notion though.

Perhaps the last one is brazil nut shell .. though maybe walnut.

Intrigued as what you have around Christmas.. I'd have said perhaps chestnut but it doesn't look anything like it and it's probably more around Halloween.

Are the first two related? reminded me a bit of walnut... but only reminded.

After this I am pretty sure I don't know my nuts! :shock:

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Yea thet first two are of the same nut,just different parts opf the incredibly hard shell!

The second one, well they taste a little like walnut but are very smooth shelled.
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Is the first nut a brazil and the second (third pic) a chestnut?

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

lauriek wrote:Is the first nut a brazil and the second (third pic) a chestnut?
No. I dearly wanted to get some Chestnuts this year but well its only me that eats em and they go to waste-can't afford to waste money so i got a mixed bag instead. Clue to the first one,its like a Peach

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

hmmm peach... I did think peach- but not in context of eating nuts. Just reminded me of cracking a peach nut/stone.

As for chestnuts... are there no trees near you so you can pick some, find some on the ground rather than going to buy them.???

There are a few Spanish chestnut trees about five minutes walk from me.. though I don't know if there are any nuts on them. I should look next year.

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

The only chestnut trees around here are conker trees, and theyre pretty much inedible! (note to US members, conkers are what you call Buckeyes-unrelated to our Sweet Chestnut trees)

Cant believe no-one got the first nut! Very hard nut, looks like a peach stone, and is in the same family and genus , (Prunus) and in Iran its a sacred tree.

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Almond for the first...pecan for the second
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

beetleman wrote:Almond for the first...pecan for the second
We have a winner. Bag of nuts on its way to you (unless youre nuts enough already;) )

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Thank you Larry, I love Nuts. Congrats. on winning the front page position. Well done :smt023. I thought I was the only one who liked Gary Numan :shock: "Are Friends Electric" I still have the "Tubeway Army" on LP :lol:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

beetleman wrote:Thank you Larry, I love Nuts. Congrats. on winning the front page position. Well done :smt023. I thought I was the only one who liked Gary Numan :shock: "Are Friends Electric" I still have the "Tubeway Army" on LP :lol:
Cool,thats gotta be worth money now! Have you heard his new stuff? All guitar driven rock stuff

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Cripes.... I should really look at what I'm eating in future.!! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic