More Fall Foliage

Do you have a favorite location you like to photograph or collect specimens? Share these locations with your fellow members by submitting each location as a topic.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

More Fall Foliage

Post by Ken Ramos »

Linn Cove/Grandfathers Mountain area...

Things are beginning to peak along the Blue Ridge Parkway. I spent all of yesterday riding here and there, getting out and treking a mile or so and then back again and of course taking photos along the way. There is so much to be seen and now soon it will be a barren landscape. But, however, I look on the bright side, with all the leaves gone, I can see so much more.

The Maples are what most come to see, their firey orange and yellows standout in the mountain terrain. Being a week day, there were not many tourists and I pretty much had most everything to myslef.

For some odd reason I like this. :lol:

The Linn Cove Visitors Center area. The visitors center is hidden among the colorful leaves but we can see buildings most everywhere. It is the trees that are the most beautiful. Wouldn't this be a great place to have a cabin? :!:

Sony DSC-W1 5 megapixel, Manual Exposure mode, daylight

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

Ken,

I've been enjoying the series of Fall Foliage that you have been showing us.

I don't get to see much of this in my part of the world (sub tropical), unless I head down into the southern half of Australia or head inland over the Great Dividing Range. For the most part our native forests are evergreen.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

Ken,

I love the inclusion of the recumbent tree in the first one and the colour of those leaves in the third one surpasses anything I have seen close up.

I think that we photographers can bring the beauty to others without them having to visit, and thus possibly threaten, the original.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Craig and Harold :D If I by chance travel above the 5,000 ft range of the mountains, most of the trees there are evergreen here too but below that it is pretty much mixed forest everywhere. I agree about letting the photographers bring the scenery to the viewer, the Blue Ridge Parkway, where I took these at, is now crowed with so many people, it is hard to navigate a bicycle through there. :lol: Well maybe not that bad but you get the idea. :wink:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic