Tomorrow's flowers today

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Gary W Brown

Tomorrow's flowers today

Post by Gary W Brown »

Spring has sprung, fall has fell.
Some in the garden are still looking well.

Gary
A pixel is worth a thousand words but it takes a thousand words to explain a pixel.

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

Gary,

Sunlight can be harsh and diffusion would help in a situation such as this. A white umbrella or some translucent material would take the edge off the direct sunlight.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

nto

Post by nto »

Gary, the second photo and very beautiful, both in composition and dof, good shot!!
Antonio

Gary W Brown

Post by Gary W Brown »

augusthouse and nto,

Thanks for the comments. I'll make a diffuser and try again tomorrow, sunshine permitting.

Gary
A pixel is worth a thousand words but it takes a thousand words to explain a pixel.

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

For such circumstances I sometimes use a reflector to provide fill-in light, or, more often, a diffuser. The latter reduces the exposure and can lose DOF in hand-held shots, where decreasing the shutter speed is impractical. For film, a skylight filter should be used when using the diffuser.

For both I use Lastolite folding types, available in various sizes and, for reflectors, gold, silver or white. There may be other makes available.

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic