Google Satellite

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

augusthouse

Google Satellite

Post by augusthouse »

I just typed my address into Google and not only was there a detailed aerial view but also a 360 degree 'Street View' :!: I could walk right into my garage!

I'm glad the front lawns had been mown the day they took those images.

That is 'spooky' :shock:

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Yes, it is spooky! :shock: I took a look at my place too, you could see the car in the drive, my neighbors gardens and out buildings, everything almost. I know a few people at work who are upset by all this technology and feel as though their privacy has been invaded. :lol: Now if they will just give us access to that infared imaging system to where you can see inside a home! But then again, bad idea. That means I would have to vacum more and keep things tidy, never know when you might have a visitor. :lol:

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

Yep, it's the Age in which we live.

On the brightside we also have Hubble. If someone wants to look in my garage instead of gazing at those magnificent images that Hubble sends us, well that's their problem....

Craig

Planapo

Post by Planapo »

Yeah, "spooky" that´s true.

I´m kinda glad I wasn´t sunbathing in our backyard garden the day they shot those aerial views!

--Betty :D

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

I wonder if the subjects we photograph feel the same way?

Craig

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Craig wrote:
I wonder if the subjects we photograph feel the same way?
Well, I photographed two net-wing beetles mating and neither slapped me or gave me a good cuss'n. :lol: Seriously though, I recall years and years ago, when to take someones photo was not an intrusion upon their privacy, as a matter of fact most people would smile and ham it up a bit if you took their photo. Now a days though, they may take out a "hog leg" and shoot you with it. Actually no matter where one might go these days, there is always a camera watching what their doing, from the grocery store, to the dept. store, and sometimes even in the privy! \:D/ :smt044

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Ken Ramos wrote:and sometimes even in the privy! \:D/ :smt044
You know, given so many cameras, we might need to think up a new word for that place... :wink:

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic