Spider Attack!

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Spider Attack!

Post by Ken Ramos »

Canon EOS 20D
Canon EF-100mm f/2.8 Macro
430EX Canon Speedlite
Post Processing: Photo Impact 6

Well sort of an attack I guess. The egg sac is blown because I tried to lighten the image a bit but no matter what I tried, it wasn't just right, so I opted for a blown egg sac. I think the problem was originally being too close and the flash not stopped down enough, though it was diffused and the camera not being set accordingly. I need to pay more attention to my settings. :roll:

nto

Post by nto »

Ken you changed settings in manual mode, 1/60 f/14 for the 1# photos and 1/125 f/11 for 2# photos, ettl should have been better to expose the second photo :-k ettl used?
Antonio

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

The ETTL mode was used in both shots, why I changed up to 1/125 sec. is beyond me :-k though ETTL was used there too. The flash can be adjusted in 1/3 increments either up or down in the ETTL mode. These I am not sure whether the flash was at -1/3 or +0. I have been having trouble with to dark an image here of late and so have since moved my flash settings back to +0 instead of the -1/3 that I had been using to keep from blowing out the whites or brighter colors in my photos. This does not occur to often but it is annoying when it does. Mostly it happens when I get too close and do not adjust things accordingly.

Thanks Antonio :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic