I think he is dead, but not sure

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

salden

I think he is dead, but not sure

Post by salden »

My co-worker and I were on our way back to civilization when my co-worker received a call on his cell phone. I pulled over and stopped so he did not lose his connection and I seen this rattler all coiled up under a bush. Of course I grabbed my camera and out I went. He did not move, so when my co-worker came over, I had him poke him. He still did not move. I think he might be dead, but he was coiled up in such a natural position and he did not look harmed in anyway. Maybe it got a bit cold for him the night before and he froze. Not sure, but I think he died.
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Sue wrote:
...so when my co-worker came over, I had him poke him.
Sort of reminiscent of Mutual of Omaha's, "Wild Kingdom," where Marlin Perkins stood idlely by and let "Jim" do all the dangerous stuff, while narrating the events. :lol: I noticed the pupils in the eyes are much less than the tiny slits they usually are. It may be dead or it may have been getting ready to shed its skin. I encountered a water moccosin many years ago which appeared and behaved the same way, right before shedding its skin. :D

salden

Post by salden »

Ken, I could not poke him and be ready to get the image if he moved :roll: , so my co-worker had to poke him, cause I had to get the image. But he did not move.
Sue Alden

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic