Hi. Dave W made me....

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Aynia

Hi. Dave W made me....

Post by Aynia »

DaveW on another very sleepy forum sent me a link to here. Not sure if you are all way too technical for me, but perhaps I'll learn a lot.

I'm from Wicklow, Ireland, have an Olympus E510, 35mm and 50mm macro lenses. No other special stuff. I don't do a lot of post processing because I find it very tedious. Much better to go out and try again than to try and fix a photo.

My mission for this Spring was to get some shots of ladybirds and their balls, but so far I've only seen two ladybirds and missed the shot because the cat was coming and distracted me. Got some last year but they weren't that good because the little critters took me by surprise. Read about it here http://magicsnowflakes.vox.com/library/ ... balls.html

I quite like taking insect photos, even managed a couple of springtails - took me forever to figure out what they were. I'd had the horrors in case it was a tick.

Two of last years' photos

Some kind of lawn bee. Miner or something.

A nightshot with an LED lenser torch and no flash.

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Hi Sunflower (I believe that is who you were on the other forum). You will at least find they get more than one post a month on this forum. They will certainly help you with any problems you have and suggest ways to improve things, and there is far more knowledge on this site than on any of the other macro sites I have found. Anyway glad you found your way here Aynia.

DaveW

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Yep that's me Dave. I only realised I had a message yesterday and did actually reply or rather tried to ... message seemed to go in an outbox not sent box. So rather than trying to send it again, I thought I might as well join.

After all nothing to loose and plenty of knowelge to gain. :D

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Welcome! There is certainly a mass of knowledge on macro here, more than on any other forum I've found so far!

I'm also an Olympus shooter, I use an E330 and an old E1 at the moment, with various lenses including the 35mm macro..

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Welcome to the forums Aynia :D I am sure you will enjoy it here and yes there are a number of knowledgeable people on this site ready to answer questions and help guide you along the way. Like the bee by the way. :D

Danny

Post by Danny »

I know the forum you mean and I got so frustrated on there trying to talk the admin into something we now have here. It just fell on deaf ears and for some reason, it was just a big joke. So thats exactly why this was started Aynia. After trying to make suggestions there, I just said to Tom at the time, lets start our own. The rest in history :lol:

Anyway, a huge late welcome Aynia :lol:

Danny.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Another welcome aboard!
Not sure if you are all way too technical for me, but perhaps I'll learn a lot.
Great place here. You can be as basic or complicated as you wish :wink:

Aynia

Post by Aynia »

Thanks guys... :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic