When you need a break..

Images of undisturbed subjects in their natural environment. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

salden

When you need a break..

Post by salden »

...you go out and find an insect to photograph. At least that is what I do, and I do need a break. Spring is here, the flowers are blooming and the insects are out.

Canon 1D Mark II N
Canon 100mm 2.8
1/250 sec @ f3.2
ISO 100
Cropped approximately 50%
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I see a pinkish cast in this. Probably from the anthers in relation to the reflectivity of the blossoms and more pronounced on the wings of the bee itself, though the iridescence of the wings always seem to play havoc with the light at times with bees. I like the comp though but I would like to see a bit more space, just a little more, not much, at the top and while I am at it DOF is a bit shallow, you think? Background is nice and complimentary to both the bee and the blossoms and not busy, probably one of the only advantages to shallow DOF or at least that I know of but of course there could be others . :-k However the image is bright, with some detail here and there and depicts the season well, with an amiable softness that I like. Did I miss anything? :-k :lol: :D

salden

Post by salden »

I do not see the pink cast. Maybe a bit more space at the top. You did good Ken :lol:
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Well don't let Doug know. He thinks I am getting away with stuff. :-k :lol: Thanks Sue. :D

salden

Post by salden »

Ken Ramos wrote:Well don't let Doug know. He thinks I am getting away with stuff. :-k :lol: Thanks Sue. :D
Doug does know about my little note book and I think I have a trip down toward N.C. in the near future..... :smt062 :lol:
Sue Alden

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic