Shallow Friendships?

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

nzmacro wrote:I can just hear Jan now, "That is not going on the wall............full stop !!!"
Ah, well, see, families differ too! My mom commissioned the moth, and my wife said I shouldn't stop at having just one print made, and...

Now what my mom really wants is the June Beetle, but done up even higher res, about 10K pixels and printed a meter wide. Maybe for Christmas... :lol:

But I'll grant that high res insects are not everyone's cup of tea.

How about a maple flower? I think it's a pretty little thing, quite unexpected.

Then again, you have to care about the subject, or the fact that it is small and beautiful nonethless. If not, and the image-maker wants crisp, then it makes a lot more sense to just choose a big flower and shoot that instead -- no sense wasting time on a tough technical problem when you could be spending it instead on creating the right mood!

Mike B, I can sure identify with that story. My house had a rock wall outside. It was a hallmark of my drawings that every rock would be outlined. We had an outhouse too. My parents said they were eternally grateful that it faced away from the viewpoints of my drawings, else surely I would have drawn someone in there doing their business! :oops:

--Rik

Harold Gough

Post by Harold Gough »

the second is quite successful in doing this.
An example of an extreme understatement! Superb!

Harold
My images are a medium for sharing some of my experiences: they are not me.

lauriek

Post by lauriek »

Holy cow Charlie that fly stack is /amazing/! One of the best, crispest macros I have ever seen!

It almost looks as if you combed all of it's hairs to all be perfectly positioned before taking the shot, did you or are they just stiff hairs that always stay in place naturally?

Amazing work! I would happily put that up on my wall as large as possible!

ETA the selective focus flower shots are not too shabby either! ;)

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

lauriek wrote:Holy cow Charlie that fly stack is /amazing/! One of the best, crispest macros I have ever seen!
Amazing work! I would happily put that up on my wall as large as possible!
I agree completely. :D

For reference, that image and another similar one, plus extensive technical discussion of the setup, were posted here: http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... php?t=3770 .

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic