Second attempt Nikon 10x objective - ant portrait

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Rik,
I once mentioned a beta program called AllFocus to you. ( http://www.saphicon.com/extended-depth-field.htm )

This has developed into a "for sale" product. I mention it here because there is one particularly interesting parameter that can be changed... the ability to put more emphasis on the images at the "top" or "bottom" of a stack. This might be helpful with the issue discussed in these last few posts. I have not played around with it enough to form any valid opinions. There are many parameters that can be changed, and they make a very significant difference in the result. So it is a program that would take more practice and familiarity to get good results than with Cz, HF and TuFuse. My initial impression is that when the parameters are set properly the "stacking" can be quite good where there is detail, but it gets a little dicey in broad, out of focus areas.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Good, good -- the more the merrier, and the competition keeps pressure on all the developers. :wink:

The problem with this extended depth of field stuff is that there doesn't seem to be much of a market yet, so the software tends to be either labor-of-love or pretty expensive as people seek to recover their development costs by amortizing over a relatively few sales.

I wonder if anything will happen to change that situation?

--Rik

puzzledpaul

Post by puzzledpaul »

<< I wonder if anything will happen to change that situation? >>

Splendidly illustrated books by the likes of you guys showing imagery that can only be achieved by such techniques, to inspire others / open their eyes, maybe? :)

Superb image, btw, Laurie agree with all previous comments ... although the glamour model comparison were a bit left field ...

pp
Boxes, bottlebottoms, bits, bobs.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic