www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Little Bee and Butterfly
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Little Bee and Butterfly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Little Bee and Butterfly Reply with quote

This is the first Eastern Swallowtail I have seen this year and probably the first little bee of this kind too. Very Happy Though not imaged here and I did not get good enough shots of them to post, I noticed that the Japanese beetle is a bit early this year in my neck of the woods, almost two months early. Think

EOS 20D
Manual mode, black and white conversion
1/250 sec. @ f/8 ISO 100
Canon EF-100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Canon 220EX ETTL Speedlite
PP: Photo Impact 6 Very Happy
(Image data the same for both)
beetleman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the composition of the first one. Everything looks very balanced with the flower, bee and the background. The bee stands out very much from everything else and the B&W works great. On a lighter note the butterfly looks like a skunk with wings because of the two hairy striped running down the body. Wink
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug replied:
Quote:
On a lighter note the butterfly looks like a skunk with wings because of the two hairy striped running down the body. Wink

Shhhh... Shhh You're not supposed to mention that. Rik will make me tell how I got or put wings on that skunk. Rolling Eyes

Laughing Thanks Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: