Kind'a Pretty...

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Kind'a Pretty...

Post by Ken Ramos »

EOS 20D
Manual mode
1/125 sec. @ f/11 ISO 100
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Canon 430EX Speedlite ETTL @ -2/3, off camera w/Novoflex bracket

I have been noticing this littl group of white flowers every morning on my way in to the textile dying facility where I work. There are a number of flower gardens around the facility and the boss always likes to have things looking good, inside and out. The petals look sort of hot but they were a really bright white to begin with and not much surface texture was even visible to the naked eye as it were, though the day was overcast. :-k The whole plant was maybe about 10 inches tall with the flowers around three quarters to one inch in diameter. :D

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Kind'a Pretty...

Post by rjlittlefield »

Pretty flowers, Ken -- your boss has a nice attitude about flowers. :D
Ken Ramos wrote:The petals look sort of hot
Hhmm... I was thinking they looked a bit dark. :?

I notice the image area has really nothing over 230.

On my monitor, it looks better level-adjusted to spread out 0-230 to 0-255 -- brightens up the whites a lot without making anything block up.

--Rik

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

My eyes must be playing tricks on me, getting "old" I suppose but now I am seeing a bit more surface texture than I did before and you are right, they do seem a bit dark. I dunno...age :lol:

Thanks Rik :D

Roy Patience

Post by Roy Patience »

Ken,

This reminds me of the texture and color of magnolia blossoms. The texture makes me think of velvet. Great image!

I do agree it looks a little bit dark. I played with the levels in Photoshop and was able to lighten it without losing the texture in the white areas.

Isn't it interesting that the color of the pollen is different in different blossoms?

Roy

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I agree Roy, it is a bit dark. My perception of light and dark always tends to lean towards the dark side for some reason, a habit I suppose, stemming from worry over blowing the whites. :-k Pollen is something I rarely consider until my eyes start to water but you are right about the color difference. :D

Thanks Roy :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

All in all, I like it very much. I agree on the whites. They are not too bad. I am really enjoying your flower photos ken. It is making me longing for warmer days.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Looks as though our winter weather is "almost" over down here Doug. Don't worry, it will be up your way in the next month or so and then we will be complaining of the heat and mosquitos. :lol:

Thanks Doug :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic