Emergence

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Emergence

Post by Ken Ramos »

Probably not what some of you might have been expecting. If you were counting on some species of insect, sorry. {-o< Websters II defines the word emergance as: 1. The act or process of emerging. 2. Bot. A superficial outgrowth of plant tissue. :D

My Forsythia is in bloom... :D

...as is my Red Maple tree :D Temperatures are supposed to hit close to 80 by the end of next week. \:D/ But of course we all know that the weather, like most all things in nature, is dynamic and that we are in a transitional period. :(

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

Beautiful images Ken. Soon you will be finding bugs too. :)
Joan Young

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Ah yes bugs, insects... :-k I am hoping that I will be able to give them a wide berth this year, though that is not to say that I will not photograph some but I am hoping for some things a bit out of the norm, hopefully some things seldom considered but what could those things be? These mountains hold many mysteries Joan, so I will just have to wait and to see. To my last recollection, less than 50% of the biomass of the mountain range, the Appalachians, has been cataloged, that leaves a lot of possiblities, including insects, though I doubt that I will make any significant contribution. :-k However it is the journey and not the destination that is important. :wink:

Thanks Joan :D

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

I wish you good luck in your hunting Ken. I have always tried to diversify myself as it makes is much more interesting. But let's face it, the world of bugs is fascinating and the diversity there alone can keep one busy for years. :)
Joan Young

Danny

Post by Danny »

Very interesting M8t. The top one looks like the flower off a native tree here called a Kohai. Both nice shots there Ken. Keep the sun shining as long as possible. :D

Danny.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Danny wrote:
The top one looks like the flower off a native tree here called a Kohai.
Looked it up Danny, though I could not find much on Kohai, it does look somewhat similar to our Forsythia. Wonder if there is any relationship between the two? :-k

Joan wrote:
...the world of bugs is fascinating and the diversity there alone can keep one busy for years.
Indeed it could but "diversity" is the key word here I think, at least for me it is. :D

Thanks Danny & Joan :D

Danny

Post by Danny »

Aww heck, sorry Ken, my sppellunkingg is wrong again :wink:

Try this Ken.... kowhai

Sorry mate :D

Danny.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Ah I see and I found some very intersting information on New Zealands history as well. :-k So the Kowhai is a tree and its flowers appear much fuller than those of our Forsythia, which is a shrub and the Kowhai is your national flower. I have no idea what the US has but what ever it maybe, they have more than likely built a Wal Mart over the top of it. :lol:

Danny

Post by Danny »

they have more than likely built a Wal Mart over the top of it
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ha, love your humor Ken :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

More great shots Ken,my Forsythia is about to flower too.
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Funny thing about Forsythia's. Like Alders, they have flowers before leaves. :-k

Thanks Cyclops :D

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Ken Ramos wrote:Funny thing about Forsythia's. Like Alders, they have flowers before leaves. :-k

Thanks Cyclops :D

And they're related to Olives,Ash and Privet. Just thought I'd drop that useless bit of info in there ;)
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic