A few more diatoms

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick an image made through a microscope from the "Photography Through the Microscope Gallery" to be featured on the front page of the www.amateurmicrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Frez

A few more diatoms

Post by Frez »

These are in phase with a 100x objective. Hey Ken, pretty soon there will be enough hubcaps around here to open a used car lot!

Frez

bernhardinho

Post by bernhardinho »

Fantastic , Frez :!: :!:

What sort of phase optics are you using? I don't recall to have seen such briliant phase contrast pics with oil immersion!

Bernhard

Frez

Post by Frez »

These were illuminated with the Anoptral phase system of a Reichert Zetopan scope. The difference of this system is the composistion of the phase plate which was originally soot. I'm not certain what production models used though. It's key feature was the eliminatiion of halo artifacts which I find to be mostly true.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Phase without halos, that is pretty cool there Frez. :D If these were to be hubcaps there Frez, the one in the center would make a pretty neat looking one. With a little more engineering, it might even match my car. :wink:

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Bloody hell those are good! (xcuse the french)
I had an oil immersion 100X when i bought the scope but I could never get anything decent with it so I sold it on ebay recently

Fabulous images!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Looking great Frez! What's the NA on this condenser, and is it oiled to the slide?

You and Graham are going to make me dig out my old Nikon phase stuff. I don't think I was ever able to get anything this nice with it!

Frez

Post by Frez »

Thanks everyone! If I could find APO phase objectives for this setup it would be astonishing. These objectives are really in demand and a 63x Anoptral objective with iris just went for 192 GBP on Ebay! That's $386.46 USD!!

The condenser is .98 NA and not oiled to the slide. The objective is though.

Frez

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

... all the more reason to make your own!
Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic