Flies or...

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Flies or...

Post by Ken Ramos »

...flys. With the exception of the last image, some of my handy work at the tying bench. Simple patterns the first two. :wink:

March Brown nymph

Wollybuggers!

Poppers from the local dept. store, when you got a lazy summers day and a pond full of Perch, Bass or Bluegills. :D

Michigan Michael

Post by Michigan Michael »

Very nice images, Ken. I especially like the composition and soft lighting on the last two.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Michael. :D I don't fish as much as I used too and I have been meaning to get back into the swing of things this summer, though I need to tye some size 16 to 18 Hairs Ears. Nothing like a misty mountain morning, a delicate 3pc. 8 ft. 2wt fly rod, some size 18 Hairs Ears and a cold small mountain stream full of Brook Trout. Then again some tailwater Rainbows of the five pound variety or greater is a challange too, especially on a 4 or 5wt. rod! :wink:

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

....and here I was wondering what you did on rainy days besides eat pancakes!! :lol: I haven't fished for a long time either, but I go the easy route and buy my flies. :) I think I like the woolybuggers best. :)
Joan Young

Danny

Post by Danny »

Have to agree with Michael about the lighting there Ken, excellent !!!!. Nice sharp details and great colours M8t. Very nice work in more ways than one ..................... SIR :D

Danny.
Last edited by Danny on Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

nto

Post by nto »

Add compliments for the last two.

Poppers remember spaghetti... fish. :D
Antonio

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Fly tying is a good pastime, especially so on a rainy day, being the fair weather fly fisherman I am at times. I really must get my gear together and get out to the streams more. :-k

Thanks Antonio, Danny, & Joan :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic