A Copperhead and Burmese Python

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

JoanYoung

A Copperhead and Burmese Python

Post by JoanYoung »

Both of these were taken through glass at the snake park. The first with my 400D and the second with the P&S.

Joan Young

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Any snake picture is a good picture!

I think copperheads are very attractive snakes, though they seem "mean" and aggressive to those of us who have to live with them. I don't think it is so much that as that their camoflauge is so good against fallen leaves in the woods where they often live that they are extremely confident, and just stay still to you get right on top of them and they feel so threatened they bite.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

Thanks Mike. Copperheads are very beautiful snakes even though they seem to be so mean. :) Sounds like me except I am mean AND ugly. :lol:
Joan Young

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Nothing like a few snakes to draw MikeB out from under a rock! :smt043 These are really nice Joan. :D I have copperheads around where I live, lots of them. I hit a big one with a power mower a couple of years back. It was lying all coiled up beneath the maple tree in the front yard. :shock: Snake went everywhere! :lol:

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

Yuck!! :lol: Poor snake!! I have seen Mike post many pics of snakes and was wondering if he worked with them? It would be a great job!!! :)
Joan Young

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

JoanYoung wrote:Yuck!! :lol: Poor snake!! I have seen Mike post many pics of snakes and was wondering if he worked with them? It would be a great job!!! :)
I work in pollution control. Think of what in South Africa is probably "Ministry of Environment" and slaps fines on people for exposing workers or the public to hazardous materials. Believe it or not, I don't think I'd want to work with snakes....The idea of working with the poisonous ones scares the bejeezus out of me! But I love photographing them from a position of complete safety! :)

Hey, that Sun is pretty bright, and there's a hawk overhead. Better crawl back under my rock....
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

Mike
But I love photographing them from a position of complete safety!
Thanks Mike. This seems like a good idea to me. :lol:
Joan Young

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic