This is Awesome!

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

This is Awesome!

Post by Ken Ramos »

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

Interesting things - genomics and genetic engineering.

So now that we have arrived at a period in our historical timeline where we are able to comprehend such details, Genesis: Chapter 2 verses 21-22 are not all that difficult to understand...

I hope they do bring back the Tasmanian Tiger and the Dodo; but guys, in all honesty; there is a bigger clock ticking and we won't be able to turn it off. It's in the same Book I mentioned above, along with everything else. You've just gotto know how to 'map' it. Seek and you shall find.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Interesting stuff indeed. Who knows where genomics et.al. will all lead?

And not to pick on Craig, but this also is getting on dangerous ground:
So now that we have arrived at a period in our historical timeline where we are able to comprehend such details, Genesis: Chapter 2 verses 21-22 are not all that difficult to understand...

I hope they do bring back the Tasmanian Tiger and the Dodo; but guys, in all honesty; there is a bigger clock ticking and we won't be able to turn it off. It's in the same Book I mentioned above, along with everything else. You've just gotto know how to 'map' it. Seek and you shall find.
Sorry folks, but this forum is not the right place for proselytizing of any form. Political and religious discussions have to go someplace else.

--Rik, the Editor

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Gee...I thought it pretty cool to find out that I may be a billion years old :smt113 and at one time be able to eat a 67 Chevy station wagon. I was even hoping for a date with Raquel Welch back when I turned a million and what about my social security check! :smt115 They should be delievering that any day now by FEDX Freight. Of course there is my senior citizen discount at Ryans resturant too. :-k

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Oh my gosh! BACK TAXES :!: 8-[

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Ken, thanks for reminding me about this talk. I agree, it is Awesome. The talk is also 5 years old now, and despite that that makes it relatively ancient, I still find it completely relevant. Great stuff.

--Rik

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I'm always a day late and a dollar short but I plod along behind just the same. :lol: You know one thing that bothers me is that the lady who also worked on that team, in the discovery of DNA, is seldom given credit for the discovery. If I am not mistaken, she was the one who orginally suspected its presence or maybe even made the initial discovery, not sure. But, I realize the times back then, when women were sort of placed in the background on most everything. :-k

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

You know, it's probably off-topic to some degree, but I'm aware of other significant inconsistencies.
In a matter - not directly related to the video - for example; we rarely hear much about Einstein's first wife Mileva Maric; but from my understanding she was a fundamental component in the work(s).

The Tasmanian Tiger is mentioned in the video. Here is a link to some more info if anyone is interested. The article doesn't cover more recent explorations undertaken with respect to the potential possiblities indicated in the video. Thylacinus cynocephalus was not restricted to Tasmania. It once roamed mainland Australia long before European settlement and evidence of its presence has been found as far north as Papua New Guinea.

http://www.dpiw.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/We ... HAN-53777B

Craig
Last edited by augusthouse on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

playing this now, amazing stuff!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic