Burr

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Deanimator

Burr

Post by Deanimator »

Here's my first good image using my new stacking rig. It's also my first attempt at retouching using Zerene.

It's a burr from my Dremel kit. The head is quite small.

I guess that it shows that I can at least get decent images from the 10x Amscope finite objective when properly set up:

nanometer

Post by nanometer »

Great idea. Amazing all the stuff around us that would make great macro images.

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

nanometer wrote:Great idea. Amazing all the stuff around us that would make great macro images.
Thanks. I needed something quick to test the rig that wasn't so shiny that it turned into an exercise in intensive diffusion mechanics.

I'm about to buy an aspirator kit from Bioquip so that I can start getting some invertebrate subjects.

nanometer

Post by nanometer »

i had to look up what an aspirator kit is used for. Nice way to pick up the small cirtters--neat.

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

nanometer wrote:i had to look up what an aspirator kit is used for. Nice way to pick up the small cirtters--neat.
I just bought a basic aspirator kit and a few killing jars. There may be a few "Canadian soldiers" left by the time I get them.

apt403

Post by apt403 »

Nice result! Saw this on the granite surface plate thread, thanks for posting! There aren't very many example images of Amscope finites besides the famous 4x. What was your lighting setup for this shot?

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

apt403 wrote:Nice result! Saw this on the granite surface plate thread, thanks for posting! There aren't very many example images of Amscope finites besides the famous 4x. What was your lighting setup for this shot?
Thanks. The Amscope 10x finite isn't too bad for the money.

I used a 300w equivalent CFL in a DIY reflector diffused through a styrofoam cup. I don't have the EXIF data here at work, but I think it was around 1/4 second.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic