Zeiss universal rebuild and questions

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Nathan Renfro

Zeiss universal rebuild and questions

Post by Nathan Renfro »

Hi all, I recently rebuild a Zeiss universal and upgraded the color to something I like a bit better. Cosmetics aside, the scope is generally in good shape except for the polarized which is delaminates and still on my list to repair. I intend to use this scope for episcopacy DIC work. Does anyone have any spare inko Epi lenses they might want to rid themselves of in a trade or reasonable sale? Also, does anyone have advice on attaching a full frame DSLR to the top of this scope? Any advice would be helpful. I am reasonably handy and have a lot of spare parts to hopefully make some sort of adapter, but any advice or photos of what is needed would be helpful.

Thanks!

Last edited by Nathan Renfro on Tue May 21, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

grgh

Post by grgh »

Welcome to the 20th century.

Its a personal thing but ill keep mine as is.

you must have found it distracting initially?
so what do you think of it now.

I have been after that Epi head and condenser for ages, like yourself interested
in the Epi-side of things.
used to do astronomy.
and photography.
Zeiss Universal Phase contrast.
Zeiss PMII
B&L stereo zoom.

Nathan Renfro

Post by Nathan Renfro »

No, not distracting at all. I’ve been planning to refurbish one of these scopes for about 4 years with a “vivid” paint color. Finally found one that was equipped close to what I wanted for a decent price.

I already have an AO 10 with epi DIC, so I’m in no rush for parts, but I think the Zeiss will be much more flexible once finished.

Nathan Renfro

Post by Nathan Renfro »

Ps- I have an optovar attachment although I’m admittedly am not sure what to do with it if anything and I have a snoot that sits on top of he scope that accepts a relay lens. What I don’t have is the relay lens (any suggestions) and the bits to mount the camera above that. I do t mind to make something, but could use some input on length of tube etc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic