WTB: Wild stereo darkfield stand

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Rorschach

WTB: Wild stereo darkfield stand

Post by Rorschach »

Hi,

If someone wants to sell their Wild brightfield/darkfield stereo microscope stand, I am interested.

Best regards,
Riku

houstontx

Post by houstontx »

I have one, but it is mounted to a small wood base. Is that a problem? Round glass plate not in best condition, black outer ring may be worn off in areas... I will post pics tomorrow if interested.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

houstontx wrote:I have one, but it is mounted to a small wood base. Is that a problem? Round glass plate not in best condition, black outer ring may be worn off in areas... I will post pics tomorrow if interested.
Those are not value enhancing things, but neither are they completely disqualifying features IMO. I assume the wood base is there to increase stability of the stand? The ground glass would need to replaced I suppose.

I am actually finalizing a deal on a complete scope that comes with a DF/BF stand but I might build another system for a friend where DF/BF would be a nice addition. So yes please, the pics would be nice. As would an asking price.

Perl

Post by Perl »

Hi

What stativ do you have today ?

Regards
Pär
****** Seeing is Believing ******

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

Perl wrote:Hi

What stativ do you have today ?

Regards
Pär
Hi,

I am currently using a heavy Wild double-boom-stand and a basic Wild no-lights stand (this one has a Wild M5A on it). But as part of a complete scope setup i will soon get an unused Wild darkfield/brightfield stereo scope stand as well.

But as I said, I may build another system for a friend so I am still on the lookout for a reasonably priced df/bf stand.

Best regards,
Riku

Perl

Post by Perl »

Hi Riku !
Ok i understand
Hard to find Wild light stand
i Think its better to buy a whole set
but recomend you go for M8

Best regards
Pär
****** Seeing is Believing ******

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

Perl wrote:Hi Riku !
Ok i understand
Hard to find Wild light stand
i Think its better to buy a whole set
but recomend you go for M8

Best regards
Pär
Hi,

The M8 is a very good scope. However, unlike for the M3Z, there is no S type focus carrier for it. That is important considering photography (parallax, resolution, chromatic aberrations). Also, there is no PlanApo objective for the M8.

All in all, the M8 has a better zoom range than the M3Z but no other advantage.

Anyway, that's my logic :-)

Br,
Riku

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

Wild might not have made a planapo for the m8, but the Leica M50/m60/m80 objectives are also 58mm thread and should be compatible. Presumably other Leica planapos might also work with a thread adapter. Typical pricing makes that a bit impractical though.
No luck on the s-type carrier either, unless you make your own.
The stands do come up on eBay with some frequency. I got a partial one missing the vertical shaft quite cheaply recently (I am attached and have plans for it, sorry).

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

Scarodactyl wrote:Wild might not have made a planapo for the m8, but the Leica M50/m60/m80 objectives are also 58mm thread and should be compatible. Presumably other Leica planapos might also work with a thread adapter. Typical pricing makes that a bit impractical though.
No luck on the s-type carrier either, unless you make your own.
The stands do come up on eBay with some frequency. I got a partial one missing the vertical shaft quite cheaply recently (I am attached and have plans for it, sorry).
Yeah, I have heard about the M50/M60/M80 objectives being a fit. Don't know if there are PlanApos, though.

The M3Z that I am getting has a 1x Plan from a M8 fitted with an adapter, plus it comes with three original achromats 0.3x, 0,5x and 1,5x, all in new condition like the whole set is. And I have a 1x PlanApo already that was intended for the M3 series. And yes, this M3Z does have the S-type carrier. It also has the 50/50 lateral beam splitter (used also in some Wild surgical scopes) with a photoport at left end and a second observer monocular at the other end, a 15 degree head wedge, a jointed inclined incident light illuminator, the darkfield/brightfield stand and Wild 10x/21mm surgical eyepieces (also on the observer port) which some consider to be the best Wild eyepieces ever made.

Looks like I hit the jackpot :)

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

mmm, that sounds like a real beauty. Jackpot indeed!

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

Scarodactyl wrote:mmm, that sounds like a real beauty. Jackpot indeed!
It truly is. I couldn't believe my luck when I got it as the only bidder. The starting price wasn't low but considering the number of parts in the package and their condition, it was very, very reasonable :)

I also have the oblique viewing attachment (goes on the objective) already and it seems that a fibre optic light guide can be connected to it with a small Wild accessory to provide near vertical incident illumination. So the search continues :) A kombistereo carrier might be in the plans at some point too. Wild system being as large as it is and with some of the more recent Leica stuff being completely compatible, there's always something to search for.

Yes, I am a gadget freak among other things :-D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic