Polaroid 43.53mm F/6.6

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Olaf G

Post by Olaf G »

The 7-element Scanner Nikkor was built to project 24mm film (the short edge of 35mm film) on a 32mm sensor, i.e. it was designed for 1.33x magnification. Using the lens on full frame is already stressing the design quite a lot but it works reasonably well. Using it at 2.3x is simply too much... just my opinion...

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

It is reassuring that the problem with the Scanner Nikon is resolved. At >2x there could be genuine corner problems with that lens, since it is designed for lower magnification. Are all the corners equally bad?

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

A very similar Polaroid f/4.9 36.6mm 6 element lens showed up on eBay today for $6. I grabbed it. That suggests there may be a whole series of these lenses, some faster (hence potentially sharper) than the f/6.6 lens discussed here. Something to watch for.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Lou Jost wrote:A very similar Polaroid f/4.9 36.6mm 6 element lens showed up on eBay today for $6. I grabbed it. That suggests there may be a whole series of these lenses, some faster (hence potentially sharper) than the f/6.6 lens discussed here. Something to watch for.
Link? I can't find it.

Edited to add: found it. Bought one. There is one left:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaroid-36-6m ... SwnVhaRB7c

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I bought it, Ray, so it's gone. Here's the link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaroid-36-6m ... 2749.l2649

Edited to add in response to Ray's edit: I hadn't noticed there were more than one!

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Lou Jost wrote:I bought it, Ray, so it's gone. Here's the link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaroid-36-6m ... 2749.l2649

Edited to add in response to Ray's edit: I hadn't noticed there were more than one!
Looks like these lenses have been for sale since before Nov 28 2018. That was the last revision, when the seller lowered the BIN to $6.

kaleun96

Post by kaleun96 »

Someone's picked up the third one too!

I may have done it myself if available but it's always a bit of a pain getting it shipping to Europe.

You guys are lucky it has some threads. Though I must try my one reversed at some point as well.

kaleun96

Post by kaleun96 »

Did anyone end up testing those 36.6mm f4.9 lenses?

I did this stack of a (dusty) ladybug with the 43.53mm today as I was having trouble finding a good lens at the needed magnifcation. Turned out alright but I need to work on the lighting for the next one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic