adapter fd stuck

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Oscar_macro

adapter fd stuck

Post by Oscar_macro »

Hello, I wanted to see if someone can help me, I have an adapter that I was trying to put canon auto bellow fd to canon 5d, all working good but the problem is that now I am not able to remove the adapter from the bellows. I do not know if I should do more strength, or do I have to press at some point or force in or out? It's probably silly but I'm not able to remove it ... :?
thanks in advance !

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

likely a silly response...what about pressing the long silver rod?
Pau

rolsen

Post by rolsen »

Hi Oscar-macro,

Look closely to the silver attachment ring with a lever pointing to the right. Turn it clockwise until the red dot appears in the silver ring (it is in its outer part, not inside) and is at 12 o´clock position. Then the bellows is ready to take the adapter out. But, you may have to turn that adapter either left or right to get it off and it can be hard some times.

I suggest to get better adapter, I have two of those that you have stuck in there, and I hate those models.

This is best adapter I have found, it is rock solid, but you have to get old Canon M extension ring to use with, 5mm or 10mm is ok (you need it to get the camera fit in with slim adapter).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/FD-EOS-Slim-Ma ... 3f99d170a3

Tube set I have:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-Extensio ... :rk:6:pf:0
- Rane

Oscar_macro

Post by Oscar_macro »

really thanks a lot for the help I will try tonight, and yes it´s very cheap I was waiting for a better one and when has arrived I have not known how to remove it the other... :shock: thanks again for your time!

Oscar_macro

Post by Oscar_macro »

problem fixed thanks for the help, it was well stuck and I was afraid to force it more, no more cheap adapters lol :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic