www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Bite me!...Mike Broderick
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bite me!...Mike Broderick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Administrator's Appreciation Gallery...Macro and Close-up Images
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twebster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Bite me!...Mike Broderick Reply with quote

Submitted by Mike Broderick...

This is the same speckled rattlesnake that I misidentified as a pygmy rattlesnake the other day. But instead of a glamor (no "U", sorry Ken and Danny!) shot, this one shows the venemous predator inside.

Dumb luck that his jaws barely fit inside my frame horizontally. I can't believe I got this shot. He was "yawning", not striking. Even so......Brrrr.....

Still behind glass. Thank goodness.

Speckled rattlesnake
Crotalus mitchelli
controlled situation
1/250th second @ f/18
ISO 160
flash as main light
hand held
Canon 1Ds, 50mm macro lens, and life-size adapter
Ted Chappell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: What a shot! Reply with quote

Just incredible...............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Administrator's Appreciation Gallery...Macro and Close-up Images All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: