SOLD Hirox Zoom Lens with Objective, Focus Mount

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Scarodactyl

SOLD Hirox Zoom Lens with Objective, Focus Mount

Post by Scarodactyl »

SOLD

I picked up two of these as part of a lot of surplus equipment, but I have too much going on and haven't gotten to either of them. I'm hoping someone else will be interested enough to either figure out how to set it up as-is, or be able to use the parts.

It looks vey neat, solid with a pleasingly lightsaber-like form factor. The zoom body has a 1:10 zoom ratio and a port for coaxial illumination. It has one of Hirox's OL-70II objectives on the end, which is (broadly speaking) meant as some sort of mitutoyo-alike, a lwd m objective with a mitutoyo m26 thread. I am not sure how its performance is or even what the actual mag is (like many makers of digital macroscopes Hirox quotes mags creatively). I tried putting it on my Z16 (for lack of a more appropriate tube lens setup) and it seemed to perform fine, but that is currently stuck on a high zoom setting so coverage is an open question. The whole thing is set up on a vertical focus mount with coarse and fine focus knobs, fine focus has a rating of 2um precision. The base has an X-Y table and a BF base that accepts a fiber optic light pipe of 16mm diameter for light. It is set up to accept a small-format video camera, though using a mount I am unfamiliar with (a 20mm ID tube with three set screws). The other one came with a camera already mounted (a Princeton Instruments megaplus industrial camera), and I can take more detailed pictures of that if desired.

Anyway, this might be a nice project for someone. The base is built really well with loads of solid metal, and the whole thing weighs in at 30 pounds.
Last edited by Scarodactyl on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

PM Sent...

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

Still available, swapped out the objective for the Hirox OL70II, also added some more details about the base.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic