Nikon M-Plan 20x/0.4 DI 210/0 Mirau interferometry objective

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

iconoclastica

Nikon M-Plan 20x/0.4 DI 210/0 Mirau interferometry objective

Post by iconoclastica »

Unless new information reaches me that will make me change my mind, I will return the mirau objective discussed in this thread to the seller, as it is of no use to me.

Should anyone be interested, I will gladly pass it on. Then contact me a.s.a.p.

The price is 40euro including VAT, or USD 37.50 outside European Union, plus shipping.
--- felix filicis ---

iconoclastica

Post by iconoclastica »

some info:

An in-line common-path design that is built directly into the microscope objective
lens is the Mirau interferometric objective shown in Fig. 9.11. A normal-incidence
beamsplitter is put into the optical path that reflects a reference wave to an internal
mirror that is at the same focal distance as the target sample. The reflected reference is
recombined with the signal wave at the beamsplitter and directed into the objective
lens, which relays the image to a conventional microscope. The topology of the target
is referenced to the flat reference mirror and is observed as interference fringes in the
image. This interferometer is relatively simple, and can have dynamic phase control
using a displacement of the objective lens relative to the beamsplitter. The drawbacks
for biological phase imaging are the relatively long working distance, and low fringe
contrast if the partial reflection is too large. For these reasons, the Mirau interferometer
is usually used for materials metrology of highly reflective surfaces.

form: Nolte (2012); Optical Interferometry for Biology and Medicine
--- felix filicis ---

iconoclastica

sold

Post by iconoclastica »

sold
--- felix filicis ---

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic