stackshot with fuji xpro2 to computer?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

bs0604

stackshot with fuji xpro2 to computer?

Post by bs0604 »

I just received my stackshot today and used it with my fuji xpro2 and 80 mm macro lens. Worked great. My only problem is that when using live view on my camera it is difficult for me to judge the focus sharpness in trying to determine where to begin and end the stack. Any suggestions?
Anyone figure a way to make the xpro2 successfully connect to their Mac computer so live view can be mirrored on the computer from the camera? This might solve my focus issue.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: stackshot with fuji xpro2 to computer?

Post by rjlittlefield »

bs0604 wrote:difficult for me to judge the focus sharpness in trying to determine where to begin and end the stack. Any suggestions?
"Start early, end late." That is, just shoot enough extra frames on both ends to be sure that you're getting everything you care about. Then it's simple to ignore or delete the ones you don't need. This is recommended operating procedure even when you can see exactly what you're getting, because otherwise you're too vulnerable to things like backlash in the focus mechanism causing the actual start position to not be precisely the same as when you said "start here" and then did some other movements before pressing the go button.

--Rik

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

I found using a HDMI monitor helps.

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

TheDocAUS

Post by TheDocAUS »

I am not a Fuji user, but will turning on Focus peaking help? Or use the magnify feature?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic