www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Bubble Bokeh revisited
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bubble Bokeh revisited

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smokedaddy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Bubble Bokeh revisited Reply with quote

I was corresponding with Miljenko about the Meyer's Gorlitz lenses privately. I was also reading a luminous-landscape link that Rik posted a while back about 'A Technical View of Boke'. So I thought I'd give this particular lens a try. This was just a test image. It's a 50 or so year old Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 50mm F/2.9, M42, mounted on my old GH3. Not that the subject is that interesting but at least it shows the capabilities. I definitely see a use for it in close up photography if the conditions, subject and composition are right. This was at my sisters home. They have a fish pond and that's what you see as 'bubble bokeh' in the background. Anyway I thought it was interesting. The last image below sort of blows but what the heck I had to post something.

https://luminous-landscape.com/bokeh/

From what I've read. The original Trioplan was created by Hugo Meyer in 1916. It was based on the Cooke-Triplet, designed by Harold Dennis Taylor in 1893. The Trioplan was one of the first popular lens designs to allow a relatively high optical correction, an extraordinarily sharp center and a high maximum aperture. The Trioplan demonstrates its famous soap bubble bokeh when used wide open, especially when exposed to backlight or when capturing background reflections.

-JW:

Last edited by Smokedaddy on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
SteveB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting! I had wondered if the MOG 50 mm would not be a great macro lens for micro four thirds cameras. The ripples really bring out the personality of this lens. One of the best examples I've seen.
Smokedaddy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... I couldn't resist. Just messing around tonight, watching some Halloween movies on cable. Decided to mess with the lens again while sitting on the couch when a commercial came on. <g> Thought it turned out decent considering the, setup, conditions and hand held. Here's a link to a better focused example.

https://squattingdog.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-7HjMcpL/X3

-JW:
JaniceSullivan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice theme!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Nature Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: