www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Another high CRI LED option
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Another high CRI LED option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davids

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Another high CRI LED option Reply with quote

For those of you interested in high CRI constant lighting, take a look at Seoul Semiconductors 'SunLike' option:

http://www.seoulsemicon.com/en/technology/SunLike/

Looks pretty impressive, especially the spectrum!

Yuji also offers a high CRI option (https://www.yujiintl.com/high-cri-led-lighting) which has been discussed in prior threads.

David
Chris S.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Another high CRI LED option Reply with quote

Davids wrote:
Yuji also offers a high CRI option (https://www.yujiintl.com/high-cri-led-lighting) which has been discussed in prior threads.

Lately I've been integrating some of the 5600K Yuji VTC Series High CRI COB LEDs. Am not quite to the point of working up a post, but am pleased with them so far.

(About to go traveling where there is no Internet, so won't be quick to see any replies.)

--Chris S.
Alnitak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Another high CRI LED option Reply with quote

Chris S. wrote:
Davids wrote:

Lately I've been integrating some of the 5600K Yuji VTC Series High CRI COB LEDs. Am not quite to the point of working up a post, but am pleased with them so far.

(About to go traveling where there is no Internet, so won't be quick to see any replies.)

--Chris S.

Hopefully when you get back you'll share! I'm very interested in the topic.

Jeff
Chris S.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff,

Thanks for providing an incentive for me to to hurry--must admit that I've let the project languish for a few weeks. Tonight, I provided a few more details here.

If you would like me to share tentative information with you before publication--and are tolerant of pre-publication errors, feel free to PM me. Small-scale communications such as this, while not as authoritative, act as welcome dress rehearsals for wider publication.

And mild pressure from you might help me perform my remaining experiments and documentation sooner. Very Happy

Cheers,

--Chris S.
Maxim46

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo to everyone!

Before ordering Ikea lighters, I spend some time in internet trying to search for something else. And had foung the following ring light:
https://www.seiwaamerica.com/product/illumination/srm-multi-position-ring-light
I have requested additional information. And meanwhile decided to ask here: does anyone have experience of using of these lights? As it seems to me very suitable for macro/micro photo)

PS
I did not want to create new thread for such question, because it looks like the first post
ray_parkhurst

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxim46 wrote:
Hallo to everyone!

Before ordering Ikea lighters, I spend some time in internet trying to search for something else. And had foung the following ring light:
https://www.seiwaamerica.com/product/illumination/srm-multi-position-ring-light
I have requested additional information. And meanwhile decided to ask here: does anyone have experience of using of these lights? As it seems to me very suitable for macro/micro photo)

PS
I did not want to create new thread for such question, because it looks like the first post

It's a very interesting ringlight. Looks like it's available in different diameters? What is the method of adjustment? If it works reasonably well this is worth a separate thread IMO.
Maxim46

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope, SEIWA's support will respond my request for additional information as soonest after weekend. If so, I will make new thread and show all I get of them.

Added:
If not, will kindly ask You to visit them as they are located in Santa Clara Very Happy Very Happy
ray_parkhurst

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxim46 wrote:
Hope, SEIWA's support will respond my request for additional information as soonest after weekend. If so, I will make new thread and show all I get of them.

Added:
If not, will kindly ask You to visit them as they are located in Santa Clara Very Happy Very Happy

Hah! I would be glad to. Maybe get a demo.

Edited to add: Looking over their website, it seems they have a pretty interesting set of offerings! Their "digital microscope" is particularly impressive (on a 1-page marketing blurb...) and apparently can do auto focus stacking and auto stitching. Quite a bit more capable than what I expected from a "digital microscope". Maybe I'll get a demo of that one as well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: