Dealer sale Mitutoyo Apo's Ebay

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

dolmadis

Dealer sale Mitutoyo Apo's Ebay

Post by dolmadis »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173412903397

No connection to the dealer apart from being a customer from time to time.

Someone might find this collection of interest.

BR

John

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Odd, 70 items up for sale but 0 ratings etc. in 12 months+

viktor j nilsson

Post by viktor j nilsson »

I agree, it looks a little weird. I believe that the seller is Piotr Zielnik, as he has linked to this ad on the Facebook page "Microscope wants, sales and services". However, normally he seems to sell things using an account named "microldz" (416 transactions, 100% positive). Location is Lodz for both accounts. In the Facebook group, he had been posting links to auctions for both accounts recently. I have no idea why he seem to use two accounts, it definitely looks weird. Definitely won't help when you're trying to sell very expensive items.

I recently bought another cheap item from the micro_me_and_i account, we'll see if it arrives.

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

He's probably just skirting eBay's seller limits. They limit the total value of listings you can have on newer accounts among other things--lots of hoops, and sometimes sellers find it easier to run around than jump through.

viktor j nilsson

This is getting a bit weird. Now neither of the two accounts (microldz, micro_me_and_i) have any items for sale. They both used to have lots of items. Also, the item I bought on July 17 still hasn't shipped according to eBay.

I hope no one bought anything expensive from this account. Luckily, my item was just a couple of bucks.

viktor j nilsson

Finally got the condenser I ordered from micro_me_and_i today.
Also got an explanation from Piotr. The eBay accounts were turned off for a while due to a medical situation. And indeed, the different accounts appear to be a way of circumventing eBay's fees. So all is good, I'd happily buy things from them again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic