Wemacro Problems

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Deanimator

Wemacro Problems

Post by Deanimator »

While I've frequently had bluetooth issues with my Wemacro, I was always able to eventually connect.

Today, it just stopped connecting altogether.

First it did the typical finicky behavior where I had to turn it on and off and swap screens.

Then it gave an error that the PIN was wrong.

Ever since, despite multiple cold boots, both of the box and my Android tablet, it won't connect. The tablet can see the box, but cannot connect. It gives no error message. Bluetooth on the tablet works, since it will connect to my phone, which will not connect to the box either?

Just to be able to use it at all, I uninstalled the Bluetooth version of the app and installed the OTG version.

Any suggestions?

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Have you tried repositioning the box relative to the tablet, may be an antenna orientation issue. Also could be some form of RF interference, so try and see if it will connect when in a completely different location (room). Microwave ovens are notorious sources of noise near the Bluetooth frequency bands.

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

mawyatt wrote:Have you tried repositioning the box relative to the tablet, may be an antenna orientation issue. Also could be some form of RF interference, so try and see if it will connect when in a completely different location (room). Microwave ovens are notorious sources of noise near the Bluetooth frequency bands.

Best,
I've had the tablet in all sorts of orientations and at all sorts of distances. This happened suddenly. I literally held the tablet less than an inch from the box.

The microwave wasn't on when this happened. I've tried it with and without wifi on the tablet turned on.

I tried pairing with my Android phone and that didn't work either. The phone and tablet will pair with each other.

Everything will have been off for eight hours by the time I get home. I can try reinstalling and connecting with the Jansjos off.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Another suggestion is to make sure you have DC power to the module. Wiggle the power connection and if you have a DVM, check the power connector DC voltage, should be ~12VDC.
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

mawyatt wrote:Another suggestion is to make sure you have DC power to the module. Wiggle the power connection and if you have a DVM, check the power connector DC voltage, should be ~12VDC.
There's definitely power or it wouldn't work in OTG mode.

It's definitely something to do with Bluetooth.

lonepal

Post by lonepal »

Hi;

Once I had the same problem with my controller (brand new) and informed William about it. His reply was;

''
First,about bluetooth,if the phone can find the device "HC-08" by using the app name"lightblue explorer " which can be download in app store,means bluetooth function is fine.It can not be connected in bluetooth device list as headset .Please turn on the wemacro app and control box power and phone's bluetooth.Then wait for few seconds,it will connect automatically.(The usb cable should be unplug from PC at same time)The bluetooth mark will blink when the app be opened.It means the phone connect with box.Then press "Save"to take effect.Slide to next page will move the rail.If "Save"was not pressed,it will not work.

If not,turn off the box power ,restart bluetooth on phone and turn on them again.Double press iphone's round button to make sure there is no wemacro are already running.Then try the first step.

And the control box can only connect one bluetooth device at one time.Please make sure there is no other pad or phone are running wemacro in backgrond,even the screen is off.

Please let us know if it works.''

After applying above, mine did not connected and William send me a new controller.

I hope this helps.
Regards.
Omer

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

lonepal wrote:Hi;

Once I had the same problem with my controller (brand new) and informed William about it. His reply was;

''
First,about bluetooth,if the phone can find the device "HC-08" by using the app name"lightblue explorer " which can be download in app store,means bluetooth function is fine.It can not be connected in bluetooth device list as headset .Please turn on the wemacro app and control box power and phone's bluetooth.Then wait for few seconds,it will connect automatically.(The usb cable should be unplug from PC at same time)The bluetooth mark will blink when the app be opened.It means the phone connect with box.Then press "Save"to take effect.Slide to next page will move the rail.If "Save"was not pressed,it will not work.

If not,turn off the box power ,restart bluetooth on phone and turn on them again.Double press iphone's round button to make sure there is no wemacro are already running.Then try the first step.

And the control box can only connect one bluetooth device at one time.Please make sure there is no other pad or phone are running wemacro in backgrond,even the screen is off.

After applying above, mine did not connected and William send me a new controller.

I hope this helps.
I'll give that a try when I get home from work.

Thanks.

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

lonepal wrote:Hi;

''

I hope this helps.
Well, after about a half hour of playing with it, I got the box to recognize the tablet. I think it was the Lightblue Explorer that did it.

I've got to go to sleep now. We'll see if it's still working this afternoon when I get up. If so, then I can try to address my "soft image" issues.

Thanks for your help.

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

Well, I've been playing with it again for about fifteen minutes, with no success.

Both Android and Lightblue Explorer can see the box. Lightblue explorer even says it's connected, but Android says it's not. Wemacro of course can't see it.

Still trying...

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

It seems to be working for the time being.

I did turn off the Janjos the last time I tried to connect. I don't know if there's any connection or not.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

If those are LEDs then it’s likely they use a switchmode power supply to convert the 120VAC to LED current. Another potential source of RF noise. Simple test to verify if they are the source of your problems. They can couple noise thru the air or AC outlet.
~Mike

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

mawyatt wrote:If those are LEDs then it’s likely they use a switchmode power supply to convert the 120VAC to LED current. Another potential source of RF noise. Simple test to verify if they are the source of your problems. They can couple noise thru the air or AC outlet.
I did notice that one of them was periodically blinking. It wasn't constant, but kept happening. Connection? I don't know.

sushidelic

Post by sushidelic »

Had the same issues that drove me nuts, but then I downloaded and re-installed the latest .apk and everything works flawless now.
https://www.wemacro.com/wp/wp-content/u ... 171201.apk

Maybe this helps...

Best regads,
Michael

Deanimator

Post by Deanimator »

sushidelic wrote:Had the same issues that drove me nuts, but then I downloaded and re-installed the latest .apk and everything works flawless now.
https://www.wemacro.com/wp/wp-content/u ... 171201.apk

Maybe this helps...

Best regads,
Michael
The app's been uninstalled and reinstall multiple times.

It seems to be working now.

We'll have to see what happens.

William has been very accommodating.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic