How Big Do Bugs Get...?

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

How Big Do Bugs Get...?

Post by Ken Ramos »

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

"These scorpions were dominant for millions of years because they didn't have natural enemies. Eventually they were wiped out by large fish with jaws and teeth."
How interesting Ken. Thanks for posting this. Can you imaging the size of the fish then??? They must have been whale size!!
Joan Young

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Forget about fish...what about SPIDERS! :shock: :lol:

JoanYoung

Post by JoanYoung »

Knowing how you feel, I did not want to mention those!! LOL!! I have heard of them finding giant millipedes before but nothing like this. I am glad they are not around anymore!! Imagine trying to take their pictures. LOL!!
Joan Young

nephiliim

Post by nephiliim »

You'd better get a wide angle lens then :P

I heard about this dig a couple of years ago through a friend from Germany. They found a lot more than "just" this feller, a couple of giant stonemoths?? pissebedden HELP and a few parts of a very large dragonfly

Very interesting that only a change in atmospherical pressure and oxygen level made it possible for these creatures to evolve... ID-followers... eat your heart out :lol:

All the best,

Tom Burger
Sometimes smaller is better eh? nodge nodge :lol

Canon EOS 450D
Sigma MACRO 70mm F2.8 EX DG
Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro

No external flash yet :(

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic