Company to do adhoc 3D Printing in UK?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Saul

Post by Saul »

Chris S. wrote:... Any forum member can create a FAQ...
What about sticky thread ?
Saul
μ-stuff

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Saul wrote:
Chris S. wrote:... Any forum member can create a FAQ...
What about sticky thread ?
A sticky thread is just a regular thread designated as "sticky" (instead of "normal") via checkbox available to admins. Any thread can be changed to sticky or normal very easily.

I do think it should be discussed, though, whether such a thread should be sticky. Not that I'm in opposition to it--just that I think sticky threads are a tool best used uncommonly (for example, I can't think of any post I've ever written that warrants it).

--Chris S.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Try a FAQ, Saul. If it gets replies, it'll always be near the top. We do carry out "housekeeping" from time to time if something's in a FAQ section thread and it wanders off topic.
Chris R

Saul

Post by Saul »

Chris S. wrote:
Saul wrote:Question for administrators - maybe it would be useful to create a new permanent thread just for 3d models, diagrams, drawings, etc. with short description ? Now, just to find something similar through the search, takes a lot of efforts and not always successful. Not sure, can we put models on the PMN server, but it could be kept on the some online drive and we could post just simple link.
Saul,

So far as I understand, it's not an easy thing to set up PMN to host files. And as ChrisR mentions, there are facilities already set up for this sort of thing.

But your point has merit. How about a FAQ or sticky thread that references, categorizes, and describes such files, and contains links to where they can be downloaded? Such threads seem to work best when someone volunteers to take ownership--collating, adding, and changing the main post as needed. Any forum member can create a FAQ, and we anticipate that FAQ creators will take a heavier hand in editing than would be the norm in regular threads. Admins could easily delete posts that become obsolete after their content has been incorporated into the FAQ (or rejected, if appropriate).

Any volunteers? :D (Saul, you'd be great! ;))

--Chris S.
Post is opened
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 872#234872

If administrators think, that it should look differently or should be moved to the different location ...
I'll be adding more items to that topic and hope that other members of our community will share their ideas also.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic