Zeiss photomic/ultraphot stuff - Trade?

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ldflan

Zeiss photomic/ultraphot stuff - Trade?

Post by ldflan »

Have ended up with some extra stuff after purchasing a Photomicroscope III-RS outfit that someone hadn't finished fully piecing together. So i have --

Two binocular heads (both white), one is pristine; the other has slight delamination at the entry lens edge. The delaminated one looks fully serviceable for now, and can be yours for the price of shipping. Will consider trade or purchase offers on the really nice one.

One lamphouse 44 72 15, with 100 watt halogen lamp insert, number 44 80 15. Not sure what it fits. Axioscope? Dovetail too large for the photomic. Make an offer.

I would like to get the 100 watt halogen lamphouse and insert from the 9901 series for the photomicroscope to replace the one above. Let me know if you have one to sell or trade, please.

Leonard

houstontx

Post by houstontx »

I have this one, will it work?

ldflan

Post by ldflan »

Hey, thanks. No, I don't think it would work without some additional optics and parts. I know the Ultraphot pumpkin-style lamphouse is used for the HBO burner on photomicroscopes, and so presumably the tungsten lamp version of the pumpkin could be used for epi-illumination on the photomic... But that's all I could do with it. There is probably a way to attach a pumpkin to the bottom port, but it would require a special fitting at least. Thanks for looking!

By the way, I think that bulb in your picture is very hard to find... I had to rig a whole new socket arrangement. Just got Retrodiode's LED for the Ultraphot, that fits in the pumpkin. It seems to be quite good, though I have not used it enough to report in full.

75RR

Post by 75RR »

Hi Idflan,

where are you located?
Zeiss Standard WL & Wild M8
Olympus E-p2 (Micro Four Thirds Camera)

ldflan

Post by ldflan »

Hi - Seattle area.

Leonard

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic