Zeiss touit at greater than 1x using tubes?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

StoryInPictures

Zeiss touit at greater than 1x using tubes?

Post by StoryInPictures »

Does anyone have experience using extensions tubes with the Zeiss Touit 50mm/2.8 Macro lens to go past 1:1?

If so, please share your experiences, good or bad. Bonus points for images :).

I am using Fuji, but I think the Touit lens design is the same on all platforms.
@storyinpictures_com

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Don't forget the other two options, reversing it and coupling it (reversed) with a good fast tube lens (eg Sigma 135mm f/1.8 ) with a paper aperture between them.

StoryInPictures

Post by StoryInPictures »

These are, in general, good options. I have tried using a reversed manual lens and it works well enough if not conveniently.

This Touit lens has no true manual control. Even though it does have focus and aperture rings, they only work when the lens is coupled with the cameras electronics--"by wire."

When used with a tube which supports electrical connections, it is possible to maintain these controls, as well as EXIF data.

My main interest in learning if anyone has tried this is to determine if it is worth making the investment based on direct experience.

Thank you for the response!
@storyinpictures_com

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I hadn't realized that this lens was so dependent on electronics.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic