Adapters for Nikon PB6 bellows and Canon 5dmkIII & SonyA

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Clintonwake

Adapters for Nikon PB6 bellows and Canon 5dmkIII & SonyA

Post by Clintonwake »

Hi All

I did a search on several keywords but could not find any information before I asked the question

1. ) I just bought a Nikon PB6 and wish to connect my Canon 5dmkIII, What adapter/s do I need?

2. ) I may be getting a Sony a7rIII and wondering what adapterso I need to connect to the pb6?

Any pics or links also would be appreciated,

cheers
DEnis

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Denis,

That's funny I just went the other way :D Got an old Canon FD bellows for Nikon use (I already have a PB6, superb bellows!). Ended up getting a Canon FB to Nikon F mount (not common) and a Canon FB reverse lens adapter to 52mm (also not common).

I suspect you'll need to get the Nikon F to Canon mount (allows Nikon F lens to work with modern Canon camera) and just a common Nikon F to 52mm reverse lens adapter (Nikon BR-2A for example), or if you want to mount a lens directly on the bellows not reversed, a Nikon F to whatever lens type you want to use. All these adapters and mounts you can get on eBay or Amazon reasonably.

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

I agree with mawyatt.

Look at https://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Lens-Mo ... B001G4QXLE "Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter - Nikon Nikkor F Mount D/SLR Lens to Canon EOS (EF, EF-S) Mount SLR Camera Body".

--Rik

Clintonwake

Adapters

Post by Clintonwake »

Thanks for your feedback.

I will check it out,

cheers
Denis

anoldsole

a7

Post by anoldsole »

I use an a7rii and presume the iii will be similar. One thing to be careful with is that not all adapters that claim to work the e-mount will fit the a7 series. Make sure that it explicitly says it fits the a7 series and not just NEX. The older style e-mount adapters will appear to fit but won't click securely into place. Learned that the hard way!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic