www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Chondrorrhina abbrevita
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Chondrorrhina abbrevita

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perdu34

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: Chondrorrhina abbrevita Reply with quote

Another flower chafer, this time from Ivory Coast, west Africa.

Shot on my stack and stitch rig.

Canon 5Diii,
Canon MP-E 65mm at 5x
f4.5, ISO50, 1/160s
Canon Twin flash
2x Yonguno 560 IV flashes
Stackshot rail set to 15um(dof ~26um) so may drop this to 10um for the next image

7603 images in total from 31 stacks.

Chondrorrhina abbrevitaFlickr.jpg by Lucas Black, on Flickr
mawyatt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Image Very Happy

What stacking and stitching method and software did you use?

Best,
perdu34

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

I was using Helicon Method A, 10, 2 for this image. I also did a little stacking in photoshop when I came to fix little things here and there.

My process is to shoot in RAW, convert in Lightroom, export as jpg and stack in Helicon. Then I align and stitch in Photoshop making sure I am happy. Next is background cleanup, followed by artefact removal and blending layers. Once the image is whole I go around cleaning up edges and outlines, making sure there are no floating spines. I then transform legs, arms and body to make it symmetrical. Finally I do a LOT of cleaning with the heal tool and some colour corrections.

I think with my next insect I will do a little frequency separation (airbrushing) as I want to know how my computer deals with that on such a big image.

BW

Lucas
Macrero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7603 shots? Wow Shocked That's a lot of work, but the result is certainly worth it, very nice image.

- Macrero
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: