Been reading here for a while, finally decided to post.

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Roundel

Been reading here for a while, finally decided to post.

Post by Roundel »

Hi everyone! I've been lurking on these forums for a couple of years waiting until I could assemble a proper macro kit to get this stuff done. Here's a shot of an abalone shell, focus stacked and shot with a Tamron 90mm macro with some extension tubes for additional magnification. Magnification is about 1.75x. I think my Velbon has a broken gear on the inside as it skips a little. Anyway, I know there are a couple of errors in this but this is what I have so far. I have some scorpions I'll upload at a later date that I took for the California Academy of Sciences curator of arachnids.

Roundel

Post by Roundel »

Also before people give me helpful hints, I am well aware of the problems in this image and can correct them in a later session.

Roundel

Post by Roundel »

Here's one of the scorpions, a Uroctonus mordax from California. Preserved specimen.

BugEZ

Post by BugEZ »

Lovely specimen. Well done!

Keith

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Been reading here for a while, finally decided to post.

Post by rjlittlefield »

Welcome to posting! The images look great.
I know there are a couple of errors in this
For whatever it's worth, errors are not immediately obvious.

I would be interested to hear what you're seeing. Focus banding somewhere?

--Rik

Roundel

Post by Roundel »

Yeah, there are a number of regions with less than ideal focus in there. Nothing glaring at this resolution, but when viewed even at half the native resolution it's easily noticeable. Certainly due to user error vis a vis the rail I am using; it has a sticky spot once per rotation that I need to learn to accommodate. The scorpion was shot with a professional macro rail and is pixel-perfect at maximum size.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic